Monday, May 11, 2009

Follow Up

I took today to make a few phone calls. Trying to get the final information on whether or not my insurance has approved my surgery.

I called the surgical center to find out that the person who handles that is out today. I know I will hear back from her tomorrow when she is back....but doesn't she know I am on pins and needles now? :) I feel like a kid the night before they are supposed to go to Disneyland! Anxious and excited....but the fear of being let down sticks in the back of my mind too.

I am still waiting for the psychologist to get back to me as well. Just one more thing it feels like in the long line of things. Not to mention all the other feelings going through me...the fear, excitement, anxiety, stress and sadness....not sure why....but I know I will figure it out soon enough.

I have started a daily exercise routing that I had before. I am walking about a mile a day...drinking almost a gallon of water a day and it doesn't seem like it's enough I am still thirsty. One day all of this will be under control or gone again. The diabetes is the worst. Watching the diet and making sure my daily water amounts are met. You know if I didn't know any better I would swear I slosh when I walk. :)

In the process of typing this post I have called a second Psychologist in the hopes I might receive a call back soon so I can schedule an appointment. Just a little impatient?....me?.....YES!! :)

Maybe sometime soon. I know I am close to getting to surgery and then the real tough part of things begins! The band is a tool not an easy way out. There is so much more to do with the band than without. I could get onto a soap box here but only if pressed :)

I know what I want, what my goals are....and where I am headed.

What I want...to see my boys graduate high school, college, get married have kids, be a part of my grandchild(ren) lives. If I were to continue down the path I am on....I won't have that opportunity.

My goal is to lose 120 pounds if not a few more and be healthy, be an active participant in life rather than an observer.

Where am I headed? To a new me!

Just the thought makes me smile.

Until next time....

Miss Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment