Thursday, May 14, 2009

Right Hand....Left Hand....

So, I now have my psychological evaluation scheduled with an "in network" doctor. Things could not have gone easier, at least with that small portion. The Doctor I talked to, I will refer to him as Dr. Bill, was a very calm and peaceful man.

After having a nurse tell me from the surgical clinic that they had already submitted my preapproval letter, the other nurse told me, "No, the letter is sitting here on my desk." They won't submit it until they receive all the documentation. So I explained, "My frustration here in lies, that the communication stinks. You tell me no it happens like this and the other nurse tells me yes its already been done....Will the right hand please speak to the left and get on the same page!!" I know she didn't like that too much and as I continued to explain, "I am putting my life in your hands and if this is what you do when your not in surgery I would really hate to see what you do when you are.....I hope this is not indicative of what the surgeon does too? or I might have to reconsider my options." She really didn't know what to say. They have messed up with me...I know they are human but this is ridiculous.

After hanging up the phone with her I ran out to my follow up cardiologist visit to find out some good information but not good information. <> I dont remember the name but the term heart disease I remember very clearly. I am now on an Ace Inhibitor to protect my kidneys. It is absolutely amazing what happens to your organs if you have diabetes. Things clog up or shut down. The human heart in a normal person has what they call a 65% or better blood pumping capacity meaning your heart will fill up 65% or more before it beats a beat. Mine is at 55% which is very concerning. So on another medication to keep going.

After that appointment I got to take all the documentation one floor up to the surgical clinic. hand that over for the file and head to my regular doctor.

I have to be on cholesterol medication, another medication to lower blood sugar since the metformin isn't doing the full job and I am maxed out as far as dosage goes. And of course we know what that "stuff" causes. If you don't ask and I will post it.

So I have my cocktail of pills in the morning and another cocktail at bedtime.

Oh Lucky Me!! (NOT)

Until there is resolution to the weight issues I will continue to progress with health problems. I am so determined to get this under control and get off all the medications...except one that I will probably be on the rest of my life....but I can handle one pill a day....I can't handle the 12.

One day....One day....Waiting patiently for that too happen.

Until next time.....

Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment