Today overall has been a pretty rough day.
I was up at 5am to get hold of the "Behavioral Health" side of my insurance to get an approval code to have a psychological evaluation. I suppose if you can handle being treated as though you are someone calling in with an addiction to drugs or suicidal this would be necessary.
I would think they would have gotten it if I didn't have to talk to 3 different people in the process and explain to each one why I was calling. I would think that if someone is calling in regarding bariatric surgery and they are taking the steps to improve their life then you wouldn't have to ask them if they are having thoughts of suicide...I know they get those calls...but honestly...How many times do you need to ask if I am thinking of harming myself.
Anyway, I finally got the authorization code only to call the Dr.'s office to have them ask me what the units are for. After 45 minutes on the phone to get the code...now she wants to know what the units are for? Hell if I know...I was on the phone before the coffee was made. You didn't ask me that yesterday when we talked for 30 minutes....Mind you she is very blunt and gruff there was very little of someone who was personable...This is the Doctors wife so there is not much I can do....I have talked to the Doctor and I really did like him.
**Sigh**
Now I am thinking I am going to have to call them back to find out...Luckily she piped up and said, "I will call them and find out. Insurance is sticky, you probably want to leave it to someone who understands." I asked her then, "Are you purposely trying to upset me?" She said, "No." I told her, "You might want to be careful with your statements. I can probably tell you about insurance and what code numbers you need to use for this. I don't appreciate your assumptions that I don't know or understand. Maybe some people don't but I don't want to be lumped in with them." Within the hour I called her back to let her know what the units were for. She didn't have to make that phone call. I think we had a good understanding at that point.
One thing after another. I have been trying to reach the surgical clinic to see if they have sent the letter to my insurance for predetermination for surgery. There are 2 nurses who work with this surgeon, one of the nurses told me over the phone, "I sent your letter out the same day as your appointment." Then I am told by the second nurse, " Oh we don't send out that letter until you have had your psychological assessment appointment." Egads! Will the right hand please talk to the left?!?!?!?
So now I have to find out if they even sent my letter off. No one at this time can confirm.
The more stressed I get the more pain I am in. The gall bladder is acting up and I am tired. Its been a long day....You know how that goes...
Time for kids, homework, dinner, boy scouts and much more.....I am starting to wonder if this day is going to end. Good thing we don't have more than 24 hours in a day!
Until next time......
Kasey
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment