I am six weeks out from surgery and having a really hard day. I can keep fluids down; water, iced tea and such. When it comes to solid foods the only item I have been able to keep down is canned chicken.
I thought working through foods was going to be easy. I am very limited in what I can or can not eat. Canned chicken does not even taste good. I tried some potato salad and as good as it has been for the past few weeks it is no longer a food I can stomach. It has now been 3 days since I have been able to keep anything down at all.
I see the surgeon on Friday. I am a bit concerned about having a slip...or having some sort of complication. I am not worried about not eating, I am worried about the damage that could be done to the band with the not being able to keep food down.
I will update with what is going on as time goes....I am not upset but concerned. I keep getting my fluids in and some protein as I can. Whats funny with all of this is my meds stay down.
I do not regret getting the band at all and starting this journey...its one day at a time, one step at a time, one meal at a time.
Until next time....
~Kasey~
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment